commons-user mailing list archives

From Frances <fd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] commons.io-error.... ??
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 14:10:54 GMT
Dakota Jack wrote:
> Just look at the String returned and you will see what the answer is.
> Sorry for being so direct, but this how simple an answer to your
> question is.

what string?  this one..

	         File savedFile = new
File(getServletContext().getRealPath("/"), fullFile.getName());
?
if I do

         out.println(fullFile);  // or
	out.println(savedFile);

I get a "can't resolve symbol" error.. actually I can't print anything
at all on this page, even a simple test string ( out.println("test"); )
why is he sending strings to be printed to a separate page..  (msg.jsp)
  why doesn't anything print on this page..  this is frustrating, can't
trouble-shoot if nothing on this page prints..... :(

thank you again..  Frances