commons-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich.Kleeber...@witt-weiden.de
Subject Antwort: [dbUtils] - QueryRunner question [Virus checked]
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 05:33:16 GMT
hi,

i had a similar problem with a oracle database. the trick was to use a
timestamp object instead of a date object.

for example :

Date a = new Date();
new Timestamp( a.getTime() );

hope this helps.

uli

Jonathan E Bricker <BRICKER_JONATHAN_E@LILLY.COM>
12.05.05 16:29
Bitte antworten an
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

An
commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Kopie

Thema
[dbUtils] - QueryRunner question [Virus checked]

I'm getting an SQLException with
QueryRunner.update(Connection,String,Object[]) method and I wanted to see
if I was doing this correctly.

My values for the insert come from a ValueObject.  All of the fields are
Strings EXCEPT informed_consent_date which is a date and Patient_Id which
is a BigDecimal.  Patient_ID is null because there is a trigger that will
fill that field.

I take my fields in the VO and put them in an ArrayList then use
toArray(Object[]) to get them into the array.

When I use the method I get an InvalidColumn.  I suspect that this is the
Date fields not matching or getting translated correctly.  Any ideas would

be helpful.

SQLException = Invalid column type Query: insert into ATD_PATIENT
(PATIENT_ID,GENDER_CODE,BIRTH_YEAR,INFORMED_CONSENT_DATE,ENCRYPTED_EXTERNAL_ID,RACIAL_GROUP,SPECIES,COLLABORATION,USER_1_USER_ID)

VALUES(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) Parameters: [null, M, 1965, 2005-05-05,
auDcPckKiXAkFpzwGHqFYaqPdgI, White, Human, IU, 11]

Jonathan Bricker
Lilly Research Labs