commons-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Pettibone" <pettibone_si...@bah.com>
Subject [validator] bundle attribute of <arg> tag
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 19:35:53 GMT
I'm using commons-validator 1.1.4 (with Struts 1.2.4).  In my validation.xml
file, I have a test form defined as follows:

<form name="TestForm">

     <field property="color" depends="required">

          <msg key="errors.required" name="required" bundle="${bundle}"/>

          <arg key="test.color" name="required" bundle="${bundle}"
position="0" />

     </field>

</form>

When the required validation fails, it pulls the error message correctly
from the bundle that I've specified in the global constant "bundle."
However, it looks for the argument in the default resource bundle, instead
of the one that I've specified.  Is this a bug or is anyone aware of this?
Is there a work-around?  I want the argument to be pulled from the same
bundle that the message is in.

Simon