commons-user mailing list archives

From "Litton, Tom - CEPM" <Tom.Lit...@cepm-us.com>
Subject RE: getting the current date in jelly
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 18:44:50 GMT
Thats exactly what i needed.

Thanks,

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Giguere [mailto:eric.giguere@videotron.ca]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:35 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: getting the current date in jelly

Hi
Would this do the trick?
    <j:new var="theDate" className="java.util.Date"/>

You need of course to define the 'j' namespace in the list of the
maven's project element  (xmlns:j="jelly:core").

Hope it helps.
Eric.

Litton, Tom - CEPM wrote:

>I've been searching for a way to set a variable to the current date in a jelly script.
 Its got to be really simple, but apparently i'm the only one in the world that has to do
it, because I can't find any examples anywhere.