commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bernard, Shawn" <Shawn.Bern...@turner.com>
Subject RE: [betwixt] 0.6.1-dev and PropertySuppressionStrategy
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 13:37:25 GMT
Yes, I made the mistake of not appending the [betwixt] to the subject line.  I sent out the
email before I realized that I need to do that.  My apologies.

I did roll my own 0.6.1-dev from HEAD the other day in order to use PropertySuppressionStrategy.
 I'm going to be needing the full release of 0.6.1 relatively soon when we go live with this
project that I'm working on (we have a policy to not go live with -dev or SNAPSHOT versions
of jar's, for obvious reasons).  I would be eternally grateful if you guys were able to get
a full release version of betwixt out in the next several weeks.  Would that be possible?

Thanks for your help,

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin
[mailto:robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 4:41 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: 0.6.1-dev and PropertySuppressionStrategy

hi shawn

FYI we'd probably get round to your question a little quicker if you'd
remember to use the correct nettiquette: please add '[betwixt]' as the
prefix to the subject for betwixt related emails. (developers use email
filters)

the current document on the website reflects the HEAD of development.
the next release in the pipeline is 0.6.1 and dev is suffixed to
indicate that it's current (HEAD). documentation for the full releases
is available (by following the links).

quite a number of new features have been added to betwixt since the last
release (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/tasks.html) and
PropertySuppressionStrategy is one of them. if you want to use this
you'll need to roll your own jar from HEAD or download a recent nightly
build.

it is about time for a new release but if you have a particular need for
a full release containing this feature, lobbying may speed up this
process.

- robert

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 05:35 -0400, Bernard, Shawn wrote:
> But why isn't PropertySuppressionStrategy in any other build?  Is it something new that's
being tested out?  I checked every build I could find and I didn't see it anywhere.

> Thanks,
>
> Shawn
>
>   _____

don't see it anywhere?  None of the other jar's (including 1.0-beta and SNAPSHOT) have PropertySuppressionStrategy
so I can suppress properties from being printed out.