commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [??] browser delegation process ?
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 13:38:30 GMT
Le 19 mai 05, à 12:47, Mattias J a écrit :
> At 2005-05-19 11:22, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>> within our research project we came to the need of concrete framework
>> where two web-applications "delegate" the browser from one to the
>> other and back.
>> In a sense, this is an extension of the notion of hyperlink...
>>
>> Did anyone meet such a framework ?
>> It would, probably, be something around servlets using web-services...
>
> Do you mean you want to push the client/browser back and forth, as in
> response.sendRedirect("/otherApp/...") or should this occur on the
> server, as with RequestDispatcher.include() but across applications?

I want to send them from one server to the other, for example, using a
redirect but the issues is about ensuring I `can' send it there (does
the resource exist, is it possible for this user?, which URL should I
give him?), also, I would like to be notified of the end of activity at
the other browser so that the browser `comes-back' to my site.

Clearly, send-redirect is the first-step... or a link.

paul