commons-user mailing list archives

From "Kurniawan Kurt" <kkur...@bigw.com.au>
Subject RE: using FTPClient send Command - upper case used?
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 05:15:04 GMT

Hi,

I never try to use rexec. But I use remsh.

These some snippet from the code

 RCommandClient remsh=new RCommandClient();
		try{
			remsh.connect("remote_server",RCommandClient.DEFAULT_PORT);
			remsh.rcommand("somename","somename","ls -al");

		}catch(Exception e){
			//throw some error msgs.

			System.out.println("An error has occurred when executing the remsh: "+e);
		}
       InputStream in=remsh.getInputStream();

		if(in==null){
			in=remsh.getErrorStream();
		}

		String message=parseISToString(in);
                System.out.println("from the server: "+message);

I've tried the code and it works. You just have to make sure you have access to the machine
as the user:somename
and can do remsh from your other machine that runs the code.

Good Luck !

Kurt Kurniawan