commons-user mailing list archives

From "Kurniawan Kurt" <kkur...@bigw.com.au>
Subject RE: using FTPClient send Command - upper case used?
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 01:38:31 GMT

You can only send a specific command as listed in the doc.

Pls have a look at the API doc:

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPCommand

So if you do:

ftp.sendCommand("list");

it should work. Your command is not a valid FTP command.

If you want to execute a remote command to UNIX you have to use RCommandClient()

Please again read the API doc. It explains to you how to use it. Make sure you can make this
work with your normal command (using rsh). You need permission to be set in the .rhost file
and you need to be valid user in the box. Please talk to your UNIX admin for this details.
They should understand how to setup rsh.

Good luck !

Kurt Kurniawan