commons-user mailing list archives

From "Kurniawan Kurt" <kkur...@bigw.com.au>
Subject RE: using FTPClient send Command - upper case used?
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 00:28:30 GMT

Hi,

Can you give more explanation of what do you want to do with yours ?
I use HP-UX as my server, never have this problem.

If the return is uppercase, you should be able to change the String returned to uppercase
easily. with toUpperCase() ?
if the command is lowercase you can change with toLowerCase() ?

Kurt Kurniawan

-----Original Message-----
From: pam withnall [mailto:pwithnall@team.tedis.biz]
Sent: Tuesday, 31 May 2005 10:08 AM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: using FTPClient send Command - upper case used?

Hi,
My main objective is to run some Unix commands on a remote server. As I
am already using commons.net.FTPClient to move some files, I saw the
method sendCommand(String).
I used  getReplyString to find out what was happening, and my server
couldn't find the command because it was in upper case!

I also tried  RExecClient.rexec(login,pwd,command);
but cannot see that it is working.
Thanks. Pam.

CAUTION: This email and files included in its transmission
are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may
contain information that is confidential and privileged.
If you receive this email in error, please advise us
immediately and delete it without copying the contents
contained within. Woolworths Limited (including its group
of companies) do not accept liability for the views
expressed within or the consequences of any computer
viruses that may be transmitted with this email. The
contents are also subject to copyright. No part of it
should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the
written consent of the copyright owner.