commons-user mailing list archives

From "Kurniawan Kurt" <kkur...@bigw.com.au>
Subject RE: [Net] I'm having a problem using the listList files method in the FTPClient class
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 22:30:02 GMT

Hi,

If you still need this.

This is the snippet of my code:

try{
			FTPFile[] files = ftpClient.listFiles(directory);

			//iterate and collect !!
			for(int f=0;f<files.length;f++){
				log.debug("Filename: "+files[f].getName());

				match=ptrn.matcher(files[f].getName());
				if(match.find()){
					filesV.add(files[f].getName());
					log.debug("Add the file name: "+files[f].getName()+" to the list");
				}

			}

		}catch(IOException ioe){
			//TODO: log some error here
			log.error("The directory is not found or not a directory.",ioe);
			eAlert.setEmBody("The directory: "+directory+" is not found or not a directory in the source:
"+getHost());
			eAlert.sendEmail();
		}

In you code, I realize you missed the closing curly bracket, I assume that just a cut-and-paste
mistake.
The most important is that yo have to catch the exception for this, the listfiles method itself
throws exception.

Good luck

"What I hear, I forget. What I see, I remember.
And what I do, I understand."
~ Chinese Proverb

Kurt Kurniawan