commons-user mailing list archives

From Mattias J <mattias.jiderh...@expertsystem.se>
Subject Re: [Digester] Initializing statics
Date Sat, 21 May 2005 07:49:49 GMT
At 2005-05-20 23:58, Simon Kitching wrote:
>On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 14:22 +0200, Mattias J wrote:
> > It was a while since I worked with Digester, so there might be a more
> > straightforward way to call static methods which I have forgotten, but
> > otherwise couldn't you use a factory-create-rule which could then access
> > the file name through it's parameter
> >    public Object createObject(Attributes attributes)
>
>Unfortunately, FactoryCreateRule expects an object to be returned which
>it then pushes on the stack. But in Magnus' case, there isn't any
>suitable object to return as far as I can see.

My idea was that he'd just return the string "Foo" or the filename or
something. But I forgot this was the first element in the file, which would
cause problems as to what would be returned by Digester. (One could
theoretically create a List and place the "Foo" string and what else is
created by the digester in the list, and just ignore the initial "Foo"
element, but...)

>I think a custom Rule class is a tidier solution though..

... I agree, but I couldn't remember the XML syntax for that either.
Looking through some old files I see I have once tried creating a set of
rules using org.apache.commons.digester.xmlrules.DigesterRulesSource and
the <include class="..." /> tag.

   /Mattias Jiderhamn