commons-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Ferrer <jorge.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Creating a copy of a CompositeConfiguration
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 07:33:26 GMT
Thanks Oliver,

The copy method is functionally what I need, but too slow as it copies
property by property. Your other solution works.

But while trying it out I thought of a better solution for my problem.
I wrap the original CompositeObject with a second CompositeObject and
then add the temporal configuration to the wrap. This way I keep the
original totally unmodified without having to make a copy.

Regards,
Jorge

On 5/9/05, Oliver Heger <hegero@med.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> ConfigurationUtils has a copy() method, but I am not sure if this fits
> your needs.
>
> However creating a copy of a CompositeConfiguration is easy enough: Just
> fetch the contained Configuration objects using the getConfiguration(int
> index) method and add them to another CompositeConfiguration.
>
> HTH
> Oliver
>
> Jorge Ferrer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In an application I'm developing I want to add a configuration
> > temporaly to a CompositeConfiguration. As it is a multithreaded
> > application and other threads should no view this temporally added
> > configuration I had the idea of cloning the CompositeConfiguration
> > before adding it.
> >
> > But this class does not implement the clone() method. Is there any
> > other way to create a copy?

Jorge Ferrer
EasyConf developer
http://easyconf.sourceforge.net