commons-user mailing list archives

From "Chetan Sahasrabudhe" <Chet...@KPITCummins.com>
Subject RE: CSV parsing/writing?
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 06:19:58 GMT
I need to post some class files for proposing possible behavior for quick csv parsing.
Please confirm, if I shall put it as attachment or shall upload it to some specific link for
community to review it.

Regards
Chetan

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Libbrecht [mailto:paul@activemath.org]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 3:07 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: CSV parsing/writing?

To any project that implements CVS read-write and other such formats
(tab-delimited as well), please please please include a precise
reference to a spec, if available, or to an implementation (e.g. excel,
outlook, filemaker, ...).
I think there may be differences with respect to the treatment or
inclusion of end-of-lines, of the delimiter, or the bounds, ...

Just for your info, if that gets into an APL 2.0-compatible library, it
would be lovely to make it a bridge with Jakarta Commons Jelly.

paul

Le 26 mai 05, à 19:41, Don Seiler a écrit :

> On 08:51 Thu 26 May     , Wendy Smoak wrote:
>> From: "Chetan Sahasrabudhe" <ChetanS@KPITCummins.com>
>>> 3. xsl driven CSV conversions (CSV to XML, CSV to HTML, CSV to EDI,
>>> CSV to
>> *new format*)
>>
>> Something I came across a while ago... it's a CSV to XML converter:
>>
>> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/java/csv2xml.html
>
> I saw some examples of CSV-to-XML using the SAX classes.  I don't know
> anything at all about SAX.  Would someone familiar with SAX let me know
> if it is a much brighter way of parsing things than the char-by-char
> examination I was going to undertake?
>
> FYI I've registered yet-another sf.net project for this.  When/if it is
> accepted I'll pass on details.

This message contains the information that may be privileged and is  the property of the KPIT
Cummins Infosystems LTD.It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you
are not intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print , retain copy, disseminate,
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. KPIT Cummins does
not accept any liability for virus infected mails.