commons-user mailing list archives

From Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Bat...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: CSV parsing/writing?
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 08:46:41 GMT
Don Seiler wrote:

>I saw some examples of CSV-to-XML using the SAX classes.  I don't know
>anything at all about SAX.  Would someone familiar with SAX let me know
>if it is a much brighter way of parsing things than the char-by-char
>examination I was going to undertake?

Implementing this using SAX would not have any effect in the actual
parsing method. A SAX interface to the CSV parser  is of course quite
possible and could make sence in cases the CSV are wanted as XML (Cocoon
comes in mind), or if you find it appropriate to work using SAX (cause
you can make pipelines for example using SAX filters). In any case, it
would essentially be an implementation of XMLReader wrapping the
original CSV parser.

MAnos