commons-user mailing list archives

From Catalin Grigoroscuta <c.grigorosc...@moodmedia.ro>
Subject Re: CSV parsing/writing?
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 06:49:32 GMT
Hi,

The features you describe here are very nice indeed, but I think that
most people would prefer a simple but fully functional CSV reader and
writer that would be finished like yesterday, and a future version with
hibernate/struts/xsl/EDI/whatever.

I would definitely vote for a quick functional implementation (to be
ready in at most one week), and then let the users decide what features
they mostly need.

Cheers,
Catalin

Chetan Sahasrabudhe wrote:

>I guess CSV commons is a very good suggestion.
>This kind of thing is very much required in data staging and processing.
>If java needs to work with commercial products to process huge amount of data
>then I would suggest to start the initiative on developing something for CSV processing.
>
>On initial thought I can think of following feature list.
>
>CSV Read
>1. configurable column selection.
>2. Hibernate / struts property driven CSV read configuration. (Here I am talking about
referencing third party xml elements as target references.)