commons-user mailing list archives

From "David J. M. Karlsen" <>
Subject [transaction] Duplicate TX id's
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 13:17:08 GMT

I keep getting ResourceManagerExceptions with "Duplicate transaction
id". I took a look at the implementation of FileResourceManager - and
generatedUniqueID only returns system.getCurrentMillis() - which isn't
random enough in a multithreaded environment.

This should probably be changed into a UUID algorithm or something.

Also - the LoggerInterface has a createLogger method - but this is an
instance method - so the logging stuff should probably be changed into a
factory that creates logger of a specified type?

I also miss a LoggerFacade for jakarta's own Commons Logging (which
would make the other classes redundant).

David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message