commons-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Sack <a...@c1-fse.de>
Subject [FileUpload/HTTPClient] (re)encode already consumed multipart request
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 09:38:34 GMT
Hi,

I am wondering if there is an easy way to (re)encode a multipart form
request, so I can send the stream to a different HTTP server without the
need to care for pitfalls when constructing valid multipart requests?

It is important to me that I don't need to use a complete HTTP API for
that (like the high level interfaces of the commons httpclient project)
... at best I could just produce the payload stream of a multipart POST
request.

I looked into the httpclient api ... and found
org.apache.commons.httpclient.Part implementations provide a way to
stream themselves to an output stream. But how to build a complete,
valid multipart stream from that without using a full HTTPClient capability?

Maybe it is enough to stream all parts to an output stream one by one?
If not, what else is needed to properly encode a multipart request that
has already been consumed by the fileupload api, to a new, valid
multipart stream?

Any tricks or hints are welcome. TIA!

Cheers,

Alexander