commons-user mailing list archives

From Lauren Bish <>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Executable XML vs. Rich Configuration
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 00:43:36 GMT
My first thought was a book I read in college about requirements called
"Nailing jelly to a tree" - but personally I find it easier to remember
and associate with a product, once I know what it is, than many other
more descriptive names, especially the litany of products based on acronyms.

Dan Madoni wrote:
> I know I've already said my piece about the name "Jelly", but if you'll
> indulge me again: the name is meaningless, even more so than most Apache
> project names, (and that's saying something). At least "Tomcat" might
> conjure images of something agile and street-savvy; "Betwixt" implies
> something that sits between something else (which hints at what it is); of
> course, names like "FileUpload" and "Logging" are precise and immediately
> communicate the purpose of the project...
> ...but "Jelly"? It might as well be called "Blah" or "Hmmm", (don't get any
> ideas). :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message