commons-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Poulard <Philippe.Poul...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: [VFS] questions and suggestions
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 12:33:56 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:

>> a service is just an advanced feature, such as findFiles which is obvious
>
> I think I get it.
> In case of SVN, CVS a service could be: checkout, commit, update, revert
> and so on, right?

exactly !

> So we might need something like a ServiceLocator e.g.
>
> CommitService cs = (CommitService)
> FileObject.getServices().findService(CommitService.class)
> cs.setExecuteRecursive(true);
> cs.setSomeOtherParameters();
> cs.execute();

as each service depends on a single provider, a simple name (as a
String) would be sufficient :
FileObject.getServices().findService("commit");
but to be more portable, just consider the argument as any Object
(XML:DB retrieves a service with a couple of Strings : name, version)
the file object just has to get a Map and lookup for the service with
this key

>>> Do you plan to contribute it?
>>
>> why not ?
>> my Active Tags engine has not yet been released, but all the stuff
>> with VFS works fine with XPath
>> it would add new dependencies to VFS
>
> If we manage to get VFS out of sandbox we can create our own sandbox. At
> least I would like to add this as its own module at first (if possible)
>

> Ciao,
> Mario

Cordialement,

            ///