commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: [Configuration] includes in PropertiesConfiguration / classloader case
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 06:47:17 GMT
Hi Jörg,

Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
> Oliver Heger wrote on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:09 AM:
>>This include machanism in properties files had already existed when I
>>came to this project, so I don't know this code too well. Support for
>>later, so this
>>might be the reason why there are problems.
>>However this whole include stuff was made a bit obsolete by
>>ConfigurationFactory and the possibility of defining multiple
>>configuration sources in a configuration definition file, which are
>>collected and added to a CompositeConfiguration. Wouldn't this be an
>>alternative for you?
> The general problem with the confiuguration factory is that it pulls in all the dependencies.
Without it you just have JDK and commons-logging and you still can use Properties and XML.
You just pay for what you need.
> - Jörg

I see your point. I have some plans for the future to replace the
digester, by an implementation that uses XMLConfiguration instead. This
would reduce the dependencies.

I am not sure whether we still would need beanutils though for creating
and initializing objects.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message