commons-user mailing list archives

From Brian Murray <brian.c.mur...@vanderbilt.edu>
Subject Re: [Slightly OT] JNDI question
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 18:38:03 GMT
Stumbled across this just recently: Spring has a "mock" JNDI
implementation.  Create  your datasource, bind it into the mock JNDI
tree, activate it and off you go.  Note that this class is in the
spring-mock JAR, not the regular spring JAR.  Class documentation is at
http://springframework.org/docs/api/org/springframework/mock/jndi/SimpleNamingContextBuilder.html

Here's an example (we used a mock datasource, but you get the idea).

      SimpleNamingContextBuilder builder = new SimpleNamingContextBuilder();
      MockDataSource mockDataSource = new MockDataSource();
      builder.bind("jdbc/foo", mockDataSource);
      builder.activate();

So, if you can't "inject" the datasource then here's a nice and easy
JNDI implementation that you can use.