commons-user mailing list archives

From WHIRLYCOTT <p...@whirlycott.com>
Subject [Slightly OT] JNDI question
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 15:41:21 GMT
I'm wondering if somone has any creative ideas here.  I'm working on a
project that gets javax.sql.DataSource instances via Tomcat's JNDI
provider.  This works fine, except when we are developing code and need
to run Junit tests.

Because the tests need to run outside Tomcat, getting access to a
DataSource via JNDI becomes a pain in the neck.

I'm assuming that this is a very common situation and I'm wondering if
anybody has slick tricks for your dev environments that allow you do get
DataSource objects via JNDI...?

phil.

--
                                   Whirlycott