commons-user mailing list archives

From Don Seiler <...@seiler.us>
Subject Re: CSV parsing/writing?
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 17:41:17 GMT
On 08:51 Thu 26 May     , Wendy Smoak wrote:
> From: "Chetan Sahasrabudhe" <ChetanS@KPITCummins.com>
> > 3. xsl driven CSV conversions (CSV to XML, CSV to HTML, CSV to EDI, CSV to
> *new format*)
>
> Something I came across a while ago... it's a CSV to XML converter:
>
> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/java/csv2xml.html

I saw some examples of CSV-to-XML using the SAX classes.  I don't know
anything at all about SAX.  Would someone familiar with SAX let me know
if it is a much brighter way of parsing things than the char-by-char
examination I was going to undertake?

FYI I've registered yet-another sf.net project for this.  When/if it is
accepted I'll pass on details.

--
Don Seiler
don@seiler.us

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFC87F041
Fingerprint: 0B56 50D5 E91E 4D4C 83B7  207C 76AC 5DA2 FC87 F041