commons-user mailing list archives

From Don Seiler <...@seiler.us>
Subject Re: CSV parsing/writing?
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 04:52:31 GMT
On 16:40 Thu 26 May     , Simon Kitching wrote:
> There was a thread on this topic almost exactly two years ago, with
> subject "[SURVEY] Commons-csv or not?":
>   http://tinyurl.com/bojgz

Sounds like a good conversation, but it seemed to suddenly die with no
action.  As I said, I'd be happy to contribute at least a brute-force
parser to begin with for commons-io or whatever the jakarta gods deem
appropriate (IO makes the most sense to me, but I'm new here).

And, in my mind, CSV is not just "comma separated," so I would support
user-specified delimiters and field qualifiers (defaulting to comma and
double-quotes, respectively).

--
Don Seiler
don@seiler.us

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFC87F041
Fingerprint: 0B56 50D5 E91E 4D4C 83B7  207C 76AC 5DA2 FC87 F041