commons-user mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [dbUtils] - QueryRunner question
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 15:45:23 GMT
Make sure you are using a java.sql.Date and not a java.util.Date.  Some
JDBC drivers accept java.util.Date but others only accept java.sql.Date or
java.sql.Timestamp.  If I remember correctly, the JDBC spec only requires
drivers to accept java.sql.Date in PreparedStatement.setObject().

David

--- Jonathan E Bricker <BRICKER_JONATHAN_E@LILLY.COM> wrote:
> I'm getting an SQLException with
> QueryRunner.update(Connection,String,Object[]) method and I wanted to
> see
> if I was doing this correctly.
>
> My values for the insert come from a ValueObject.  All of the fields are
>
> Strings EXCEPT informed_consent_date which is a date and Patient_Id
> which
> is a BigDecimal.  Patient_ID is null because there is a trigger that
> will
> fill that field.
>
> I take my fields in the VO and put them in an ArrayList then use
> toArray(Object[]) to get them into the array.
>
> When I use the method I get an InvalidColumn.  I suspect that this is
> the
> Date fields not matching or getting translated correctly.  Any ideas
> would
> be helpful.
>
> SQLException = Invalid column type Query: insert into ATD_PATIENT

(PATIENT_ID,GENDER_CODE,BIRTH_YEAR,INFORMED_CONSENT_DATE,ENCRYPTED_EXTERNAL_ID,RACIAL_GROUP,SPECIES,COLLABORATION,USER_1_USER_ID)

> VALUES(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) Parameters: [null, M, 1965, 2005-05-05,
> auDcPckKiXAkFpzwGHqFYaqPdgI, White, Human, IU, 11]
>

> Jonathan Bricker
> Lilly Research Labs

Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/