commons-user mailing list archives

From Mihael Knezevic <m.kneze...@porta.de>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Getting wrong filename from FileItem
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 14:12:59 GMT
got some time for the testing now.

my test env:
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Sarge

my code:
System.out.println("-------- Test ----------");
System.out.println("Windows file name: " + new
File("C\\Windows\\Temp\\myfile.txt").getName());
System.out.println("Linux file name: " + new
File("/tmp/myfile.txt").getName());
System.out.println("-------- End  ----------");

my output:
-------- Test ----------
Windows file name: C:\Windows\Temp\myfile.txt
Linux file name: myfile.txt
-------- End  ----------

and it is as i expected. it takes the local file separator which is not in the
windows file name. so it returns the absolute file name IMO.

Am Freitag, 6. Mai 2005 09:54 schrieb Dakota Jack:
> I tested it out on both file separators (linux and microsoft) and it
> works on both.  Just run a test and see if it works.  It does
>

> public class Test {
>   public static void main(String [] params) {
>     File ie = new File("C:\\mydir\\myfile.txt");
>     File linux = new File("/mydir/myfile.txt");
>     StdOut.log("log.development","Test ttf ie.getName() = " + ie.getName());
>     StdOut.log("log.development","Test ttf linux.getName() = " +
> linux.getName());
> }
>
> You should just use System.out.println() of course.
>

> On 5/6/05, Knezevic, Mihael <m.knezevic@porta.de> wrote:
> > i can not figure out how this should work. this is a web application.
linux and windows clients are accessing the app. the filename can
be /mydir/myfile.txt and C:\mydir\myfile.txt. how should the server know
which file separator to use. hmm. i could take a look at the http request
data. ain't there a field for the operating system. but that ain't something
i like to do. these things are always changing.

Jack wrote:

> [...]
some people

just went in and
to the