commons-user mailing list archives

From <ogjunk-comm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] FileChangeEvent, inotify, and file changes outside JVM
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 23:02:27 GMT
Hello Mario, thanks for the answer.

Regarding DefaultFileMonitor - how scalable is this?  More precisely,
say I wanted to build yet another desktop indexing/search tool, and
thus monitor _everything_, or a few hundred or thousands of
directories, would DefaultFileMonitor be able to handle it?

I know, it depends on CPU, memory, etc., but have people tested it with
more than a few dozen directories?

Thanks,
Otis