commons-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject [VFS] FileChangeEvent, inotify, and file changes outside JVM
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 22:52:16 GMT

I'm looking at Commons VFS project and see FileChangeEvent.  I'm
wondering if this lets an application listen for file/directory change
events that happen outside of the JVM (e.g. a user deletes a file,
edits it, or creates a new one, or perhaps creates a new directory)?

I suspect the answer is no.... but perhaps somebody did some magic. :)

Also, I am wondering if anyone is looking into inotify and will be
building something to let Java listen for inotify events under Linux.
This would be suuuuuuuuuuuper useful!

Does anyone know if there is a Java piece that listens to
file/directory change events under Windows or Mac?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message