commons-user mailing list archives

From Timo Boewing <bla...@neveprise.net>
Subject [Digester] setting properties from the app's runtime
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 22:50:08 GMT
Hello all,

I am working with Digester since some time now and am very happy with
it; however, I have one major problem with it: whenever I let Digester
create objects using addObjectCreate(), i want to set a property on this
instance before calls of addSetProperties() or so are made. This
property is not from the XML but from the app's runtime, say, a global
variable. So, what I want to do is like this:

cfg.addObjectCreate(
	"*/catalogues/catalogue",
	Question.class.getCanonicalName(),
	"class"
);

// this is my invented "callMethod()"...
cfg.callMethod(
	"*/catalogues/catalogue",
	"setContainer",
	1
	this.container
);
cfg.callMethodParam(
	"*/catalogues/catalogue",
	0,
	this.container
);

cfg.addSetProperties("*/catalogues/catalogue");

So, besides the stuff done by addSetProperties() and addCallMethod() and
that, I just want to call a method (set a property) of the new instance
whose parameter is an object from the calling app.
What have I missed?

--
greetings,                   |  /"\
                             |  \ /  ASCII-Ribbon-Campaign
Timo                         |   X     Against HTML Mail
                             |  / \
PUBLIC KEY:
52F3311A     Timo Boewing  <blazko@neveprise.net> 2003/10/30
Fingerprint = F743 E0AA A2F0 1B33 F6FA 417B 72BE 740D 52F3 311A