commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester] setting parent
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 22:04:45 GMT
On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 15:50 +0300, Markos Charatzas wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Im trying the "set-top-rule" to set the parent of an object, but as far as I
> can see this is only happening at the end element of the child object.
>
> Is it possible to set the parent just after creating the object?

Not with the standard SetTopRule.

I suggest creating your own Rule class. You can just steal the code from
the existing SetTopRule, but put it in the "begin" method rather than
the "end" method - I see no reason why that wouldn't work.

If you're using that blasted xmlrules stuff then you'll need to figure
out how to invoke a custom rule. There's something about
"programmatically-created-rules" in the xmlrules documentation which is
probably what you want.

Regards,

Simon