commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: chains: refering to another chain in my chain
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:32:39 GMT
On Apr 4, 2005 6:06 AM, Vinicius Caldeira Carvalho
<vinicius.carvalho@squadra.com.br> wrote:
> Vinicius Caldeira Carvalho wrote:
>
> > PS: I'm using org.apache.commons.chain.CONFIG_WEB_RESOURCE I thought
> > this may add some extra info :-)

> Well, I found out that the property for the catalog is
> catalogName="something" and not catalog="something", Thanks lord for
> OpenSource :D
>
> <command className="org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand"
> name="validarRegraCompraPlanoCobertura" catalogName="catalog"/>
>
> Now I get:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find catalog 'catalog'
>
> here's my web.xml
>
> <context-param>
>   <param-name>org.apache.commons.chain.CONFIG_WEB_RESOURCE</param-name>
>   <param-value>/WEB-INF/catalog.xml</param-value>
> </context-param>
> <context-param>
>     <param-name>org.apache.commons.chain.CONFIG_ATTR</param-name>
>     <param-value>catalog</param-value>
> </context-param>

Specifying the catalog name as a context param implies that you are
using the old style (now deprecated) mechanism for configuring
[chain], which (most importantly) does *not* register the catalog with
CatalogFactory.  Instead, you'll want to leave out the second
<context-param> entry, and make sure your chain definitions document
includes information about the catalogs to be used:

<catalogs>
    <catalog name="catalog">
        <chain .../>
        <chain .../>