commons-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileUpoad:
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:51:25 GMT
<SNIP>
> The problem: during the FileUpload, parse(...) throws a
> FileUploadException if the file exceeds maxsize. In order to handle this
> situation I want to do a forward/redirect, but for the URL I need a
> field value.
</SNIP>

A field value from the request?  In what you have below, the "field"
apparently is in a GET, but you cannot use that for a file upload.

<SNIP>
> In steps:
> - upload.jsp?id=XXXX, in the jsp a hidden field contains the id
> - UploadServlet gets file and id
> - upon error I want to forward to upload.jsp, with an error and the id
>
> So I need the ID in the servlet when the FileUploadException is thrown.
>
> Better? :-)
</SNIP>

I would have to look at your code in some more detail to see what is
up.  You can always catch an exception and do whatever you want, but
how you do this depends on the code.  Care to show the code a bit so
we can see what the situation is?

~Dakota Jack~