commons-user mailing list archives

From "Peter DeGregorio" <pdegrego...@comcast.net>
Subject log4j and trace
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:26:32 GMT
Hello,

I'm interested in using trace(...) and isTraceEnabled() with log4j. Jakarta
Commons Logging (JCL) version 1.0.4 indicates support for both log4j 1.2 and
the upcoming 1.3, which includes a trace level. Because log4j did not have a
trace level prior to 1.3 JCL mapped trace to debug (presumably because it
was the closest thing). Now that log4j 1.3 has a trace level shouldn't JCL
map trace to trace (now the exact thing)? I've looked at the source code for
JCL 1.0.4 and it calls log4j 1.3 debug methods when trace is used.

I have read every post here with "trace" in the subject and do not see this
being discussed. If however, I've missed it somewhere else (like the
developers list, which I have not looked at) my apologies.

-- Peter