commons-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Torres <alexandre.tor...@gmail.com>
Subject mask converter
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:37:05 GMT
Hi.
Not long ago I have posted a doubt about mask where I wanted to remove
formatting characters like "- / ..."
ex:
zip code 01234-123
(submited)
01234123
(persisted)

After some play with validator I think that it should not touch the form
results submited, and the best solution would be make a converter that takes
a masked value and outputs the unmasked value. Something like a converter or
converter decorator that uses masks.
I take a look in a sun's mask class called MaskFormatter. I searching for
something like this, but it's a swing class, I can't risk using it in server
applications.
What do you think of this ?