commons-user mailing list archives

From Arjen van der Weijden <Arjen.van.der.Weij...@rivm.nl>
Subject Re: help on DBCP
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:52:24 GMT
Ok got it,

Do a setMaxActive on the connection pool.

gr.

Arjen

                      Arjen van der

                      Weijden                     To:       "Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      <Arjen.van.der.Weijd        cc:

                      en@rivm.nl>                 Subject:  Re: help on DBCP

                      04/12/2005 09:47 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Jakarta Commons

                      Users List"

I'm not sure what you mean by "the connectionPool variable" but I was
afraid the "maxActive" was something like 8 but was not sure this could be
right; seems like a strange number (not in binary of course). Do you know
how I can increase the number of active connections? I can't find where I
can I can set the configuration parameters.

thanks

Arjen

                      Dirk Verbeeck

                      <dirk.verbeeck@pa        To:       Jakarta Commons
Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                      ndora.be>                cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: help on DBCP

                      04/12/2005 08:09

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Jakarta Commons

                      Users List"

Having more then one connection open at a time is possible of course,
the default configuration values allow 8 active connections.

In your example, how do you create/initialize the connectionPool variable?

-- Dirk

Arjen van der Weijden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Only if I close the connection after each SELECT the program runs fine,
but
> the thing is: I want to have more than one connection open at a time. Do
> you know what could be the case?
>

> gr.
>
> Arjen
>

>                       Arjen van der

>                       Weijden                     To:       "Jakarta
Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>                       <Arjen.van.der.Weijd        cc:

>                       en@rivm.nl>                 Subject:  Re: help on
DBCP

>                       04/11/2005 11:00 AM

>                       Please respond to

>                       "Jakarta Commons

>                       Users List"

> Thanks Anshul,
>
> Just returned from the weekend. I just replied to Dirk V. My problem
seems
> to be somewhat transcendental.
>
> Arjen
>

>                       "anshul khare"
>
>                       <anshul.khare@tav        To:       "Jakarta Commons
> Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>                       ant.com>                 cc:
>
>                                                Subject:  Re: help on DBCP
>
>                       04/08/2005 08:45
>
>                       PM
>
>                       Please respond to
>
>                       "Jakarta Commons
>
>                       Users List"
>

> Hey,
>
> I guess the problem lies with the order in which you close the ResultSet,
> Statement and Connection.
>
> The "Statement"should be closed before the "ResultSet" followed  by
> "Connection". I had a similar problem and this fix worked for me.
>
> Anshul

setupDataSource("jdbc:mysql://localhost/mysql?user=mysql&password=pizza");

>>        Connection conn = null;
>>        Statement stmt = null;
>>        ResultSet rset = null;
>>
>>        for (int ii = 0; ii < 3; ii++) {
>>        try {
>>            for (int j = 0; j < 3; j++) {
>>            conn = dataSource.getConnection();
>>            stmt = conn.createStatement();
>>            String $query = "SELECT * FROM user";
>>            rset = stmt.executeQuery($query);
>>            System.out.println("Results:");
>>            int numcols = rset.getMetaData().getColumnCount();
>>            while(rset.next()) {
>>                for(int i=1;i<=numcols;i++) {
>>                    System.out.print("\t" + rset.getString(i));
>>                }
>>                System.out.println("");
>>            }
>>            }
>>        } catch(SQLException e) {
>>            e.printStackTrace();
>>        } finally {
>>            try { rset.close(); } catch(Exception e) { }
>>            try { stmt.close(); } catch(Exception e) { }
>>            try { conn.close(); } catch(Exception e) { }
>>        }
>>        }
>>    }
>>
>>    public static DataSource setupDataSource(String connectURI) {
>>            ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
>>DriverManagerConnectionFactory(connectURI,null);
>>            PoolableConnectionFactory poolableConnectionFactory = new \

PoolableConnectionFactory(connectionFactory,connectionPool,null,null,false,t