commons-user mailing list archives

From Arjen van der Weijden <Arjen.van.der.Weij...@rivm.nl>
Subject help on DBCP
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:08:07 GMT
Hi folks,

Just started out examining DBCP, so I'm completely new to the subject.
I adapted the example given by Dirk V. (given below). I put some stuff in a
for loop.

The PROBLEM is that after a few loops the program seems to hang (less than
10 connections).

Can anybody help me on this, it must be someting trivial I guess?

Configuration standard mysql installation on a redhat
public class DataSourceExample {

      try {
            Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
        }
      catch (Exception ex) {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }

        DataSource dataSource =
setupDataSource("jdbc:mysql://localhost/mysql?user=mysql&password=pizza");

        Connection conn = null;
        Statement stmt = null;
        ResultSet rset = null;

        for (int ii = 0; ii < 3; ii++) {
        try {
            for (int j = 0; j < 3; j++) {
            conn = dataSource.getConnection();
            stmt = conn.createStatement();
            String $query = "SELECT * FROM user";
            rset = stmt.executeQuery($query);
            System.out.println("Results:");
            int numcols = rset.getMetaData().getColumnCount();
            while(rset.next()) {
                for(int i=1;i<=numcols;i++) {
                    System.out.print("\t" + rset.getString(i));
                }
                System.out.println("");
            }
            }
        } catch(SQLException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } finally {
            try { rset.close(); } catch(Exception e) { }
            try { stmt.close(); } catch(Exception e) { }
            try { conn.close(); } catch(Exception e) { }
        }
        }
    }

    public static DataSource setupDataSource(String connectURI) {
            ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
DriverManagerConnectionFactory(connectURI,null);
            PoolableConnectionFactory poolableConnectionFactory = new \

PoolableConnectionFactory(connectionFactory,connectionPool,null,null,false,true);
            PoolingDataSource dataSource = new
PoolingDataSource(connectionPool);
            return dataSource;
    }