commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Lipofsky" <daniel.lipof...@bricsnet.com>
Subject LocaleConverter help
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 01:34:16 GMT
Does anyone have some good examples of how to
setup BeanUtils to do local-specific conversions.
I see LocaleConverter and the associated classes
but I am not sure how to use them.

One problem I see is it appears that you need to create
a LocaleConverter for each Locale.  Right now I am doing
conversion by hand, but it works without predefining things
for each locale because I can call
SimpleDateFormat.getDateInstance(DateFormat.SHORT, locale) or
NumberFormat.getInstance(locale) which gives me good strings
for each locale - for dates I do some hocus-pocus to get
4-digit years out of the DateFormat.SHORT, but the point is
I don't have to define something specific for each locale.
Is there a way to do this same thing with the BeanUtils
based conversion?

Thanks,
Dan