commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bindul Bhowmik (GMail)" <bindulbhow...@gmail.com>
Subject [Net] FTP access over HTTP Proxy
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:35:38 GMT
Hi,

Not sure if I should be asking this question in this forum or in commons-dev.

We are developing a small tool, which would require access to files
over FTP. We are using commons-net's FTPClient for browsing and
downloading FTP files.

Things work fine for a local FTP site, but when I try to access an FTP
site over the network, the connection simply times out. Our company
uses an MS ISA server for proxy, and FTP connections are allowed only
over HTTP tunnels. Is there any way I could do it using FTPClient? If
it is currently not supported, is there any plans of supporting it in
the near future?

Also, our proxy server requires authentication.

I tried setting the socks proxy as described in
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-user/200403.mbox/%3cBA5552BC92B87843A43C4D3E0F6BF794012D5817@eg-msgmbx-a11.int.westgroup.com%3e.
 But that does not seem to help!

I am able to access HTTP sites over the same proxy using commons-httpclient.

Regards,
Bindul