commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ronel Sumibcay" <RSumib...@reddoor.biz>
Subject [NET] Setting file permissions using FTPFile
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:12:15 GMT
I am trying to set the file permissions on files on the remote server by
calling the setPermission() method of an FTPFile object. However the
permissions are not being set.

FTPFile[] files = ftpClient.listFiles();

for (int i=0; i<files.length; i++) {

files[i].setPermission(FTPFile.WORLD_ACCESS, FTPFile.READ_PERMISSION,
true);

}

Am I missing a step? I've already looked through the documentation and
archives for some clue.

This is what my program logic needs to do:

1.	Transfer files to a remote server
2.	Set read permissions on the transferred files so a PHP
application can later read the files.

I am currently developing on Mac OS X.

Thanks!

-ronel