commons-user mailing list archives

From Pete Cain <>
Subject [Configuration] ConfigurationFactory resources from classpath/jar.
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 04:17:09 GMT

What I'm aiming to do is use commons-configuration to load a bunch of
configuration data from with in a jar that forms my default
configuration and then load anything runtime modified configurations

My problems so far have been with loading configurations as resources
from the class path.  To do this I have customized the digester rules
use by ConfigurationFactory to give me a <properties-as-resource> tag.
 The digester rule specifies a class that extends
PropertiesConfiguration and overrides load(String fileName) so that
the file name is always loaded using getClass().getResource(String).
I have found this approach to work so far.

What I'd like to know is, am I on the right track with this ?
Considering I've only just started investigating commons-configuration
are there any problems I could run into in using the approach ?

Thanks in advance

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message