commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] Could not connect to SFTP server
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 05:45:04 GMT
manco wrote:
>1. It appears the providers.xml file in the jar  has FTPFileX.
> it doesnt seem like this is correct, I un-jarred, changed the value to FTPFile and re-jarred,
> the ftp connection now works again.

Thanks - Great Hit!
Strange that this wasnt uncovered before.
>2. I dont know much about the known_hosts, but I found the following reference, which
I pass
>along for the sake of others:

Normally its not needet to know much about the format of the known_hosts
file. If you use the command-line utility "ssh" to connect to a new host
the first time it will ask you if you trust this host-key. If you answer
"yes" it will be added to the known_hosts automatically. Though this
could be configured through /etc/sshd/ssh_config where your
administrator can force you to add the host-key manually.
>3. I put in the following code :
>   {
>              FileSystemOptions opts = new FileSystemOptions();
>              SftpFileSystemConfigBuilder.getInstance().setStrictHostKeyChecking(
>                 opts, "no");
>                FileObject file = mgr.resolveFile(args[i]);   << still throws error
>
>       ...}

You need to pass the "opts" to the resolveFile method:
FileObject file = mgr.resolveFile(args[i], opts);

Ciao,
Mario