commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Kikken <...@vaessen-consulting.de>
Subject procrun as user
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:25:54 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying to install a program as a service using procrun. This works
fine, but I would also like to have a different user than the system
account run this service.
I know there is an option --User and --Password to procrun, but these
don't seen to have an effect. I created a user 'testuser' with the
password 'testuser', supplied these as options to procrun, but the
service's setting didn't change (properties panel).
The documentation is quite brief on this and I don't know how to
generate some kind of verbose debug output.
Can anyone help me out here?

Mark Kikken

--

Vaessen Consulting GmbH