commons-user mailing list archives

From Matthijs Wensveen <matthijs.wensv...@phil.uu.nl>
Subject gpl software with commons components?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:18:42 GMT
Hi everyone,
Maybe this question has been asked a thousand times already, in that
case I am sorry.
I have made a piece of software that I want to place on sourceforge. It
is a library that makes use of lucene and a lot of other jakarta commons
components. Those jars are licenced under the apache licence (2.0). Does
the AL being incompatible with the GPL make it impossible for me to
licence my library under the GPL? I find the whole this-links-with-that
clauses in the GPL very vague.
I can probably licence my software under another GPL incompatible
licence, like AL, right?

Any advice on this?
Thanks,
Matthijs