commons-user mailing list archives

From Tom Eugelink <t...@tbee.org>
Subject Re: FileUpoad:
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:41:45 GMT
Very good (I posted the question before, so I decided to go with a short
version this time ;-).

The problem: during the FileUpload, parse(...) throws a
FileUploadException if the file exceeds maxsize. In order to handle this
situation I want to do a forward/redirect, but for the URL I need a
field value.

In steps:
- upload.jsp?id=XXXX, in the jsp a hidden field contains the id
- UploadServlet gets file and id
- upon error I want to forward to upload.jsp, with an error and the id

So I need the ID in the servlet when the FileUploadException is thrown.

Better? :-)

Many thanks!

Tom