commons-user mailing list archives

From Giorgio Gallo <>
Subject Re: help needed with feedparser
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:33:45 GMT
I don't know anything about feedparser, really :) assuming it is
structured like some commons project i've seen, you should grab the
trunk dir - then "checkout as project" or "checkout as.." and then
select java project (you will be able to set up a few options it this
second way)

the "tags" and "whatever-the-other-dir-name-is" dirs contain tags and
branches (but maybe i don't remember right) for the project - you don't
need them unless you are searching for a particular (old) version: the
current one is in trunk

After checking out the project, look if there is a file named
"project.xml" at the project root: if there is
- close the project from eclipse
- install maven (
- run "maven" and "maven eclipse" from the command line (inside the
project's root dir)
- reopen the project in eclipse and refresh it.

It seems to be a mess but it's simple - really, and you will LOVE maven
after you realize what it can do for you :)

Let know if you experience any problems