commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Diggory <mdigg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] thread-safety of DescriptiveStatistics?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:11:27 GMT
No, I wouldn't expect it to be thread safe at this time. This design
decision was made for performance reasons. Your best bet would be to
wrap it in a thread safe wrapper to block your calls to externally:

http://www.javaworld.com/jw-08-1998/jw-08-techniques-p5.html

-cheers,
Mark Diggory

Baker, Anthony wrote:

>Is DescriptiveStatistics safe to use in a multi-threaded environment?  I have a statistics
producer that is accessed by multiple threads and thus simultaneous invocations of addValue()
are likely.  Is this ok?  What about changes to the window size?