commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Diggory <>
Subject Re: [math] thread-safety of DescriptiveStatistics?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:11:27 GMT
No, I wouldn't expect it to be thread safe at this time. This design
decision was made for performance reasons. Your best bet would be to
wrap it in a thread safe wrapper to block your calls to externally:

Mark Diggory

Baker, Anthony wrote:

>Is DescriptiveStatistics safe to use in a multi-threaded environment?  I have a statistics
producer that is accessed by multiple threads and thus simultaneous invocations of addValue()
are likely.  Is this ok?  What about changes to the window size?
>Any insight you can shed on the intended usage pattern is greatly appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message