commons-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration - Reload Strategy in j2ee containers
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:42:30 GMT
Soaring Eagle wrote:

> How does commons configuration determine when the interval is done
> without caching at least the timestamp of the last read? In other
> words, without threading, how does commons cache any data? If I know
> how, then I will surely use this feature from commons rather than
> writing my own logic.

Commons Configuration keeps the timestamp of the last file check. On
accessing a property (by calling getString(), getInt(), etc), the file
is checked again if a specified delay is elapsed since the last check.
Of course the configuration is not reloaded after this delay if the file
didn't change.

Emmanuel Bourg