commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] VerifyError
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:59:34 GMT
Is it possible that an old version of Xerces lies in your JDK/JRE
lib/ext directory? It appears at least in the stack trace.

Oliver

paul.hopper wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> Current classspath:
>
> j2re-1.4.2_06
> common-beanutils.jar (1.7.0)
> commons-configuration-1.1.jar
> commons-logging.jar (1.0.4)
> commons-digester.jar (1.6)
> commons-collections-3.1.jar
> commons-lang-2.0.jar
> log4j.jar
>
> hopp
>

> Oliver Heger wrote:
>
>> Looks like a problem with the XML parser you use. Which parsers do you
>> have in your classpath?
>>
>> If you use JDK 1.4.x, you don't have to bother about including a
>> specific parser; you can simply use the one shipped with the JDK. For
>> earlier JDKs in our dependencies we have defined Xerces in version 2.2.1.
>>
>> Oliver
>>
>> paul.hopper wrote:
>>
>>> Good day,
>>>
>>> Thought that configuration might be an easy replacement for my
>>> properties configurator since it does both UNIX based key=value
>>> properties but also xml config files.  Mine only does the former 8-(
>>>
>>> While setting up my test I came across an error while setting up this
>>> from example:
>>>
>>> #more config.xml
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
>>>
>>> <configuration>
>>>     <properties fileName="usergui.properties"/>
>>>     <xml fileName="gui.xml"/>
>>> </configuration>
>>>
>>> My src code works fine with just the properties "fileName" but I get a
>>>
>>> 2005-04-05 13:25:52,211 [main] ERROR
>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester - Begin event threw error
>>> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
>>> org/apache/xerces/jaxp/DocumentBuilderImpl, method: parse signature:
>>> (Lorg/xml/sax/InputSource;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;) Incompatible
>>> object argument for function call
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.java:88)

>>> with the xml "fileName" when using both loadConfigXML and
>>> loadConfigByFactory method class of my test class.  Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> [[my src]]
>>>
>>> import java.io.File;
>>> import java.net.MalformedURLException;
>>> import java.net.URL;
>>>
>>> import org.apache.commons.configuration.Configuration;
>>> import org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException;
>>> import org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationFactory;
>>> import org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration;
>>> import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
>>> import org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator;
>>>
>>> public class TestProperties {
>>>     private Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(TestProperties.class);
>>>     protected Configuration config = null;
>>>         public TestProperties() {
>>>         this.loadConfigByFactory();
>>>         //this.loadConfigXML();
>>>                //System.out.println("CONFIG::" +
>>> config.getString("DATABASES.DATABASE.DRIVER"));
>>>         logger.info("colors.background = " +
>>> config.getString("colors.background"));
>>>         logger.info("application.title = " +
>>> config.getString("application.title"));
>>>         logger.info("rowsPerPage = " + config.getInt("rowsPerPage"));
>>>     }
>>>         public void loadConfigXML() {
>>>         //ConfigurationFactory factory = new
>>> ConfigurationFactory("config.conf");
>>>         XMLConfiguration config = new XMLConfiguration();
>>>         config.setFileName("test.xml");
>>>         try {
>>>             config.load();
>>>         } catch (ConfigurationException e) {
>>>             logger.error(e);
>>>         }               logger.info("rowsPerPage = " +
>>> config.getInt("rowsPerPage"));
>>>     }
>>>         public void loadConfigByFactory() {
>>>         ConfigurationFactory factory = new ConfigurationFactory();
>>>         URL configURL = null;
>>>         try {
>>>             configURL = new File("config.xml").toURL();
>>>         } catch (MalformedURLException mue) {
>>>             logger.error("error loading config.conf:  ", mue);
>>>         }
>>>         factory.setConfigurationFileName(configURL.toString());
>>>                try {
>>>             config = factory.getConfiguration();
>>>         } catch (ConfigurationException ce) {
>>>             logger.error("error loading configuration:  ", ce);
>>>         }
>>>     }
>>>
>>>     public static void main(String[] args) {
>>>         PropertyConfigurator.configure("log4j.cfg");
>>>         new TestProperties();
>>>     }
>>> }
>>>
>>> [[my gui.xml]]
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
>>> <gui-definition>
>>>   <colors>
>>>     <background>#808080</background>
>>>     <text>#000000</text>
>>>     <header>#008000</header>
>>>     <link normal="#000080" visited="#800080"/>
>>>   </colors>
>>>   <rowsPerPage>15</rowsPerPage>
>>> </gui-definition>

Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren
Klinikum der Philipps-Universit├Ąt Marburg
Baldingerstra├če,
D-35037 Marburg
Tel: +49 6421 28-66679
mailto:oliver.heger@med.uni-marburg.de