commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] VerifyError
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 05:57:24 GMT
Looks like a problem with the XML parser you use. Which parsers do you
have in your classpath?

If you use JDK 1.4.x, you don't have to bother about including a
specific parser; you can simply use the one shipped with the JDK. For
earlier JDKs in our dependencies we have defined Xerces in version 2.2.1.

Oliver

paul.hopper wrote:
> Good day,
>
> Thought that configuration might be an easy replacement for my
> properties configurator since it does both UNIX based key=value
> properties but also xml config files.  Mine only does the former 8-(
>
> While setting up my test I came across an error while setting up this
> from example:
>
> #more config.xml
>
> <configuration>
>     <properties fileName="usergui.properties"/>
>     <xml fileName="gui.xml"/>
> </configuration>
>
> My src code works fine with just the properties "fileName" but I get a
>
> 2005-04-05 13:25:52,211 [main] ERROR
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester - Begin event threw error
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/xerces/jaxp/DocumentBuilderImpl, method: parse signature:
> (Lorg/xml/sax/InputSource;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;) Incompatible object
> argument for function call
>     at
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.java:88)

> with the xml "fileName" when using both loadConfigXML and
> loadConfigByFactory method class of my test class.  Any suggestions?
>
> [[my src]]
>
> import java.io.File;
> import java.net.MalformedURLException;
> import java.net.URL;
>
> import org.apache.commons.configuration.Configuration;
> import org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException;
> import org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationFactory;
> import org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration;
> import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
> import org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator;
>
> public class TestProperties {
>     private Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(TestProperties.class);
>     protected Configuration config = null;
>
>     public TestProperties() {
>         this.loadConfigByFactory();
>         //this.loadConfigXML();
>
>         //System.out.println("CONFIG::" +
> config.getString("DATABASES.DATABASE.DRIVER"));
>         logger.info("colors.background = " +
> config.getString("colors.background"));
>         logger.info("application.title = " +
> config.getString("application.title"));
>         logger.info("rowsPerPage = " + config.getInt("rowsPerPage"));
>     }
>
>     public void loadConfigXML() {
>         //ConfigurationFactory factory = new
> ConfigurationFactory("config.conf");
>         XMLConfiguration config = new XMLConfiguration();
>         config.setFileName("test.xml");
>         try {
>             config.load();
>         } catch (ConfigurationException e) {
>             logger.error(e);
>         }
>         logger.info("rowsPerPage = " + config.getInt("rowsPerPage"));
>     }
>
>     public void loadConfigByFactory() {
>         ConfigurationFactory factory = new ConfigurationFactory();
>         URL configURL = null;
>         try {
>             configURL = new File("config.xml").toURL();
> [...]

Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren
Klinikum der Philipps-Universität Marburg
Baldingerstraße,
D-35037 Marburg
Tel: +49 6421 28-66679
mailto:oliver.heger@med.uni-marburg.de