commons-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: Configuration - Reload Strategy in j2ee containers
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:20:55 GMT
When the FileChangedReloadingStrategy is used the method
reloadingRequired() is called every time a property is accessed. This
method checks if the file has changed according to its last modified
time (File.lastModified() is called), but it will not perform this check
if it has already been made recently (the exact delay is set by
setRefreshDelay). If reloadingRequired() returns true, the configuration
is cleared and loaded again.

So the performance depends on the refreshDelay and the time required to
load the configuration, this is typically linked to the size of your

Emmanuel Bourg